Rules & Safety
- Greenways are closed from sunset to sunrise, year round.
- Do not litter. Please keep the trail clean for other users to enjoy.
- Keep pets on a leash at all times. Clean up after your pet.
- No motorized vehicles of any kind are allowed.
- No alcohol or drugs may be carried or consumed on a greenway.
- No weapons or fireworks allowed at any time.
- Bikes must stay on main trail.
- Cyclists 16 years and younger must wear helmets.
For Your Own Safety
- All bicyclists, skaters and others on wheels should wear a helmet.
- Always stop for traffic at roadways and intersections. Cross traffic is not required to stop.
- Use caution when approaching standing water.
- Enjoy the greenway with a friend.
- Leave valuables at home.
- Take car keys with you.
- If you encounter an injured or placid animal, do not approach it or touch it. Call Forsyth County Animal Control at 336-703-2490.
For The Safety of Others
- Bicyclists and skaters yield to pedestrians.
- Bicyclists should not ride fast on greenways.
- Keep to the right and pass on the left. Give an audible warning before passing.
- Look ahead and behind to make sure your lane is clear before you pull out and around other users.
- Pull in your pet's leash when bikes, skaters or joggers near.
- Be courteous to all. Remember that different users have different ways of enjoying the trail.
- Respect the privacy of adjacent landowners and do not enter landowners' property.
- Keep pets off private property and clean up after them.
- Do not block the trail. If you are in a group, move into a single file line at the far right of the trail when others approach from either direction.
- Do not remove vegetation, stones, or other natural materials. Leave them for everyone to enjoy.